Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Training Re-Cap

I just finished my second week of tapering for the Stone Cat marathon. I wish I could say I have been enjoying these past two weeks, but I haven't. I've been training regularly for months now and I am enjoying running very much. I have had a difficult time trying to hold back these past two weeks. I think a three week taper may be a bit too long for me, but this has been a learning experience. Looking ahead to my next marathon or ultra, I may consider a two week taper.

October was a very productive month. I ran over 160 miles for only the second time this year. I did four track workouts, ran two races and completed two long runs over 20 miles each.

Monthly recap:

Total miles: 161
Long run: 21
# of days: 23
Avg miles: 7.0
Trail miles: 56%

1 comment:

  1. Dan, Thanks for posting a personal weather report for me (and others, too). With temps predicted for a possible high of 58, we might need the rain to cool us off!
    I remain (rhymes with "rain") hopeful that the weather will be just what we need on that day— sun, snow, sleet to full shine-on. Hopefully the water-clogged trail/path (thank you Mr. B. Beaver) will be our only wrangle with water. Looking forward to petting the cat no matter what.
    Personally I think with the miles you've logged the three week taper will power you through...I don't know if I'll be able to keep up!
    Cheers and rest well,
    Emily Trespas

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...