Thursday, October 2, 2008

Las Vegas Vacation & September Training Recap

I returned late last night from my vacation in Las Vegas. Taking six days off from running probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do in the height of marathon training but the Sin City made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I had plenty of time to run while I was there but cranking out the miles in the concrete jungle offered little appeal. I considered doing some trail running but the nearest trails I could locate were about 15 miles west of the city in the Red Rock Canyon. The drive didn’t deter me but my spouse and the 98 degree temperatures did. My wife reasoned it wasn’t wise to go off running in extreme weather on unfamiliar trails located in a remote area of 197,000 acres within the Mojave Desert. Not to mention the rattlesnakes! Hey, when she’s right, she’s right. Time spent poolside only risked sunburn.

Racking up Zero miles in the last 5 days of the month really hurt my total for September but at least I’m well rested. As rested as one could be on 4-5 hours of sleep per night anyway.

September Re-Cap:

Miles Run: 124
# of Runs: 17
Avg. Miles: 7.3

Trail Miles: 59%

October race plans:


10.11.08 Diamond Hill 23K Trail - GT Race #20, ENE Race #15
10.19.08 Groton Town Forest - GT Race #22, ENE Race #17 or,
10.19.08 Ravenswood 4.1M - ENE Race #18

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...