Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Granite State Snowshoe Race Series

I've never been a big fan of winter. Short days, less sunlight, the need for extra layers of clothing and a host of other reasons have put the winter months on my "Most Dreaded" list. I needed something to motivate and help me maintain a positive attitude over the long New England winter. I think I may have found my savior in snowshoeing. Now I admit I've only done two, short snowshoe runs EVER, but it was fun and served as a distraction from my normal disdain of snow. And it was certainly more fun than trying to run though a foot of snow while wearing trail shoes. I was considering doing a few snowshoe races last year but injuries prevented me from giving it a whirl. This year will be different. With a little coaxing from a long-time snowshoe racer and runner I know, I committed to run at least three races in the Granite State Snowshoe Series. More to follow on this later.

Think snow! How's that for a change in attitude?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Dan! Now you've got to update your profile with 2009 goals. Your "Older I get the better I was" does make me smile, even though I'm a relatively newby runner. Selective memory loss is kind. Your snow scenes are magical. Have fun with the snowshoes!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...