Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Worthy Cause

I have a friend who is raising money for pediatric cancer research as she trains for her first Boston marathon. Please take a moment to read her story below and make a donation to this worthy cause. (See Firstgiving widget in right column to make a pledge) Thanks!


Dear family, friends and colleagues,

I am running the Boston Marathon this April and am asking for your support. My goal as a member of Mass General’s marathon team is to raise awareness of the amazing work undertaken by MGH’s Pediatric Cancer Research and find sponsors who can contribute to this cause. This is both my first marathon and my first experience as a fundraiser. I have been training hard with two other runners from Arlington (we do a weekly long run together on Saturdays – this week’s will be our longest yet…18 miles). My training friends (the two Sues) and I are also planning a fundraising kids’ concert with a popular local band. While we expect this to be a successful event, our challenge is to raise $3,000 each in order to be official MGH team members (and to run the race “officially”). So you can see…though I’m well on my way to fulfilling my goal of competing in one of the world’s most prestigious marathons while raising money to help children win their struggle against cancer, I still need your help.

To further encourage your support, everyone who donates money, regardless of the amount, will be included in a raffle. Three lucky winners will receive: 1) $100 Target gift card, 2) $50 Starbucks gift card and 3) $ 25 Starbucks gift card.

If interested, you can read about my training at
http://www.runningliving.blogspot.com/

Thank you very much and please forward this link to anyone you think might be interested in supporting this cause

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...