Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekly Training Update - 1/12 - 1/18

I developed a severe cold after running a 30K at the GAC Fat Ass last Saturday. On Monday, I did a 45 minute snowshoe run in the deep powder covering the trails in Breakheart. That only seemed to worsen my symptoms. Didn't get much sleep all week because I was either coughing all night or I couldn't breath through my seriously stuffed sinuses. I did two more short runs hoping it would help clear things up but it didn't happen. More sleep, some extra vitamin C and a few more days off are in order. A disappointing week for sure.

Total Miles: 10.3
# of Runs: 3
Avg Miles: 3.5

Now, more snow to shovel..........

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dan,
    You did the right thing by resting. I pushed through my cold and it dragged for 2 weeks. Hope you feel better soon.
    Ana
    P.S. Thanks again for your donation - much, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There Dan,

    I, too, had a terrible week of training, somewhat due to the weather, but all due to my need to give my body more R&R. I have been re-thinking my training and where I should be starting off from, as the PF and the IT band allowed me to run 10 miles initially, but I was hurting the day after. I might have to scale back a little.

    Hope you feel better soon! This weather sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great blog header....hey shoveling counts as strength training...btw thx for the lean horse idea im gona look into that and get well soon

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...