Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wandering in Ward Reservation

I’ve been up to a whole lot of nothing lately but I did manage to fit in a short hike in Ward Reservation in Andover, MA on a cold but sunny November morning. Ward Reservation is 700 acres of open meadows, single-track trails, abandoned carriage roads, field stone walls, swamps, hilltop views and happiness. My plan for the day was to explore the 10 miles of trails within and abutting the reservation but I cut it short at six miles. This gave me an excuse to return a week later with my daughter to walk the trails I missed on my initial visit. These well-marked and maintained trails have not seen the last of me!

 View of Mars Swamp in the Northwest corner of the resevation.

Field stone wall-lined trail. 

 Approaching the fire tower atop Holt Hill.

Compass-like "Solstice Stones" on Summit of Holt Hill.

 View of Boston 20+ miles south of Holt Hill.

 Remains of old chair lift on Boston Hill.

 Long walk down to the Bog Trail.

More photos and video of my Ward Reservation wandering are HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...